This page provides download links and instructions for installing F-Chat 3.0 for iOS devices. Please note that F-Chat 3.0 for iOS is in beta and if you use F-Chat 3.0, you should be prepared to submit feedback, bug reports, and other suggestions to F-List.
When it comes to F-Chat on iOS, there's some good news and some bad news:
The bad news: Apple will not allow F-Chat on the App Store - as with Google, they do not allow apps that contain "adults only" content.
The good news: We DID get approved to use TestFlight to distribute F-Chat. It's Apple's officially supported way of beta testing apps for iOS - but it also happens to allow us to distribute F-Chat to all of you in a way that's pretty easy to deal with, all things considered.
F-Chat 3.0 for iOS is distributed via the Apple TestFlight Program - Because of the nature of how TestFlight works, we have to "invite" you to be able to download it. It's essentially a permanent private beta.
To sign up for our Test Flight program, follow these steps:
1. Fill out this form with your Apple ID (the email registered to your Apple account). - These emails will only be used for signing you up to our TestFlight program and will be discarded once you are invited.
2. Wait patiently! Adding users is a manual process and it won't happen automatically. Rest assured if your response was recorded, we will get you added!
3. Once invited, you will get an invite from Apple with instructions. Specifically, you'll want to:
3a. Download TestFlight from the App Store.
3b. Open TestFlight and sign in with your Apple ID.
3c. Touch "Redeem" and enter the 8 character code on your invitation
4. Exit TestFlight and Open F-Chat 3.0!
- You only have to enroll in TestFlight once per Apple ID. After you're in, you can put it on all of your devices.
- When new updates go out to F-Chat, you'll both get an e-mail and a notification on your device. Launch TestFlight to install the new update.
- Each version of F-Chat will expire 90 days after we upload it - so you'll need to keep it up to date or it will eventually stop working!
- How long will it take to get my invite?
- Hold tight! We have to do this manually, so please be patient
- Can I sideload F-Chat to my device?
- Okay, but can I sideload F-Chat to my device?
If you have any questions, please join the Helpdesk channel in F-Chat (using the web-clients!) to get some help!