Tickets are not bug reports. They are requests for direct assistance from the staff, for things like subscriptions, character verification, stolen art, and non-chat rules violations. You can open a ticket here, if you have an account. If you do not have an account, are banned, or cannot log in, you can open a ticket here.
When should I open a ticket?
There are a number of valid reasons to open a ticket:
- I found a profile that is breaking the rules.
- Be sure to include the profile's name and some indication of which part of the profile is violating which rule. For super-easy profile reporting, you can just click the 'Report' button on the profile. (You still have to indicate which rule it breaks.)
- A user is using my art without permission!
- This looks a little complicated, but the short version is that you just need to prove the images are yours, and indicate which profile you saw them on. For the long version, check out the Art Takedown Requests page.
- I have a complaint against a moderator
- If you believe the moderator violated a rule, make sure you can cite the rule. If this is a difference of opinion over a ruling, be sure to express yourself clearly and politely. In either case, it always helps to have logs.
- Please verify my character!
- Verification means you've proved your character's images actually belong to you. This is really easy! Just follow the directions here.
- Ban appeal
- If you have been banned, and wish to appeal that decision, you may file an appeal using the public contact form. Select the option 'General Ban Appeal', to be certain it gets to the right people. If you have been banned for being underage, and would like to offer proof that you are not, see the Age Verification page, for instructions.
- I can't log in!
- If you are having difficulty logging in to your account first try to use the account recovery page. If that does not work, open a ticket, and provide as much information about the account as you can remember. We can manually reset your password, if necessary.
Be careful with this. Make sure you know when not to open a ticket, before selecting this option.
- Requesting a Character Name: You are welcome to ask after names currently in use, but asking is not a guarantee they will be released for you. Please see the guidelines and instructions on how to report a name in the Profile Policy .
- Missing Character: If you used to have a character that isn't showing up on your account, now, but is still visible on the site, it's probably because you've ended up with a second account. I'm not sure exactly what is done about this, but be prepared to provide evidence that the character and the account it's attached to belong to you.
When shouldn't I open a ticket?
There are also several invalid cases:
- Character Rename
- From now on, we allow every user to change one character's name every week. A character can be renamed by clicking here. The staff will no longer accept requests to rename your character.
- Somebody insulted/offended me in PMs.
- Unfortunately, this does not address harassment via note. Please make use of the block list in your Account Settings to block all characters on the other user's account from sending you notes. (You only need one character name to make that work. The blocklist does the rest of it.) You can also use the 'Report Note' function, available when viewing the fulltext of a note. Reportedly, chat ignores now also block notes from all characters on the account of an ignored character.
- I want to report a bug
- A user is breaking the rules in chat!
- I have a suggestion for F-list!
- I need to talk to Hexxy.
- Why can't I connect to the chat?
- Why does this cat smell like tuna?